This post is also available in: Français
We welcome all to the CSDH/SCHN community.
There are several membership options available here through the Oxford University Press website:
- membership only (USD 40)
- membership with subscription (USD 166; includes a print subscription to Digital Scholarship in the Humanities, formerly LLC)
- student membership (USD 26)
- senior rate (USD 89; includes print subscription to SDH)
- developing country rate (USD 26; list of eligible countries)
- joint membership (USD 40; membership in all of the ADHO organizations.
If you cannot find the membership type you want, please go to the following link and expand the section for "Members - Canadian Society for Digital Humanities / Société canadienne des humanités numériques": https://academic.oup.com/dsh/subscribe
If you have difficulties with subscription, please contact CSDH/SCHN Secretary Brent Nelson at brent.nelson // at // usask // dot // ca.
Memberships run January to December. Members gain preferential registration rates at our annual conference at the Congress of the Canadian Federation for the Humanities and Society Sciences.
Membership supports our activities at Congress, student travel bursaries, the society's open-access journal, Digital Studies/Le Champ Numérique, advocacy and community-building efforts, and other digital humanities activities across Canada.
CSDH/SCHN is a member of the Alliance of Digital Humanities Organizations (ADHO). ADHO promotes and supports digital research and teaching across all arts and humanities disciplines, acting as a community-based advisory force, and supporting excellence in research, publication, collaboration and training.
Members of CSDH/SCHN, thanks to ADHO, enjoy the following benefits:
- Belonging to an important professional organization in digital humanities
- Discounted registration fees at conferences sponsored by ADHO
- Eligibility for young scholar bursaries at the annual DH conference and other events
- Eligibility to vote for and run for election in the relevant ADHO Constituent Organization
- Helping to build global digital humanities networks
- Supporting ADHO Special Interest Groups such as AVinDH, GO::DH, GeoHumanities, Libraries and DH, and Linked Open Data
- Helping to support and sustain open access publications such as DHQ, Digital Studies / Le Champ numérique and Digital Humanities Commons
- Supporting advocacy efforts in digital humanities
- Optional subscription to DSH: Digital Scholarship in the Humanities (formerly, LLC: The Journal of Digital Scholarship in the Humanities)